What safety measures is ILUK taking during the COVID-19 pandemic?
We take the health and well-being of our users and our salon partners very seriously. All salons featured on the ILUK app are vetted for both their sanitary standards and safety measures. Our salon partners all abide by government regulations, and are equipped with safety equipment and sanitary supplies such as masks, hand sanitizer, plexiglass, as well as social distancing measures within the salon.
What safety measures do I need to follow for my ILUK appointment?
Before booking an appointment on ILUK, all users must confirm:
- They will bring a mask to their appointment
- They understand that a salon has the right to turn them away if they do not bring or wear a mask to their appointment
- They do not have a fever and agree to get their temperature checked at the salon if requested
- They do not have a cough
- They have not suddenly lost their sense of smell or taste
- They have not been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 symptoms and if so, have self-isolated for at least 14 days
- They have not travelled outside of the country in the last 14 days
Safety is a collective effort. Let’s flatten the curve together!
How do appointment requests and bookings work on ILUK?
When you book on ILUK, a request is sent to the salon to see if they are able to get you in at your desired time. Your appointment is pending until the salon accepts the appointment request at which point ILUK will send you a confirmation through email and through the app. Your credit card is only charged once the salon accepts and confirms your appointment. If the salon is NOT able to accommodate your appointment, one of two things will occur:
- They will suggest another time slot as close as possible to your original request. We will notify you when the salon sends you an alternative time slot. When you accept one of the new times, your credit card will be charged and your appointment confirmed. If you decline one of the new suggested times, your request will be cancelled.
If the salon is unable to accommodate your request at all (this is rare and happens only when the salon is completely booked up far in advance!), then they will decline the booking and your card will not be charged.
What do your salon categories mean?
* Trendy: fashionable and up to date;
* Solid: consistent, no-frills, clean aesthetics;
* Chic: that little extra making it elegantly and stylishly fashionable;
* Barber: specifically offering barbering services;
* Green Circle: sustainable, eco-friendly salon that recycles up to 95% of their waste.
How do you choose the salons you list?
We send you to salons and barbershops that we would book for ourselves and prioritize quality over quantity. That’s why you will never see all the salons of a city listed on ILUK. All salons have been vetted by our team for exceeding the market’s standards and offer the best value.
What is ILUK’s cancellation policy?
As a courtesy to our salon partners, we kindly ask all ILUK users to cancel through the app if they are unable to make their appointment. We refund all cancellations made at least 24 hours before the scheduled appointment start-time. Due to the last-minute nature of our app, all cancellations made less than 24 hours before the appointment start-time are non-refundable. To cancel your appointment, open the ILUK App, and click on your bookings tab where you will see the option to cancel.
How far in advance can I book an appointment with ILUK?
With the ILUK App, you can book your last-minute appointments up to 5 days in advance.
How can I get in touch with ILUK if there's a problem?
If there are any issues, feel free to send us an email at email@example.com or call us at +1 514-573-7253.
Can I book at a salon outside of Montreal or Toronto?
Right now, ILUK is only available for salons in Montreal and Toronto, but we are looking to expand to other Canadian cities. Please feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know in which city you'd like to be able to use ILUK next!
What if the salon can't find my booking when I arrive?
We do everything to ensure this doesn't happen. If it does and the salon cannot accommodate you, we will give you a full refund and will try and find you another great appointment elsewhere.
How do I pay for my appointment?
You pay for your appointment directly through the ILUK App. We accept all major credit cards. Easy peasy!
How does tipping work?
All the service prices listed on ILUK DO NOT include gratuities. You can either add a tip in advance directly through the ILUK app upon checkout, or pay the salon in cash at the end of the appointment. Our salons are awesome, so please show them some love!
Is my payment secure?
Yes! All payments are made through Stripe, our payment processor. Stripe is as secure as any in-store payment.